Formed in 1920 and known as the Comrades Club, we were originally established for the benefit of past and present serving members of our Armed Forces. The club operated from a large Victorian house situated on the corner of Green Walk and what is now known as Copford Close.
As membership grew it was obvious that extra internal space was necessary and part of the land was sold. A new club was built in 1966 and renamed "The Uplands Social Club".
To this day, the club's main objectives are to keep prices as low as possible in a friendly atmosphere for all to relax and enjoy. To provide regular entertainment suiting all tastes, and give parents a place to visit knowing their children will be safe.
Come along and see for yourself...